This assembly is:
- A four-person musical theater piece with live
piano accompaniment, singing, set and costumes.
- Highly interactive with the audience
throughout the 40 minute presentation.
- Appropriate for grades K-5.
- Complimentary to the Network for a Healthy CA
- Helpful in emphasizing the importance of good
nutrition in a fun and memorable way.
This assembly encourages the students to:
- Make half of their grains whole grain.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables of varying
color, especially dark green leafy and orange.
- Start their day by eating a healthy breakfast.
- Be active every day and use MyPlate to help
with making healthy food choices. (www.myplate.gov).
Indy Jo and the Template of Health is:
Indy and Sugahfree go on an adventure. They
meet some brand new characters: Chef Mangez
DeMeals, Otto Time, EZ Wayout, Unna Ware and a
surprise character at the end of the show. Each of
these characters represent excuses we make to not
eat a healthy breakfast. With the help of the
student audience, Indy and Sugahfree battle these
characters, solve riddles and finally, build the
TemPLATE of Health, which is the new MyPlate
visual. The Network message is strongly
emphasized along with the importance of eating a
healthy breakfast, being active and eating more
fruits and vegetables.
Adventure! Excitement! Songs!
And learning about good eats! These shows have
1998-2013 Southland Sings.
All Rights Reserved.